TAMPA, Fla. – USL League One today announced the five nominees for the League One Player of the Month presented by Konami eFootball for September, with top performers from the fifth season’s seventh month selected for the ballot.
Voting for the League One Player of the Month award will be conducted by the following two voting bodies:
A fan vote on USLLeagueOne.com will comprise 60% of the poll. The fan vote will run through Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
The USL Technical Committee’s ballots comprise 40% of the poll.
The award winner and complete voting results will be announced on Wednesday, Oct. 11.
Please note: The League One Player of the Month selection process in no way is tied directly to the voting and selection process of End of the Year awards such as League One Most Valuable Player or position players of the year.
USL LEAGUE ONE PLAYER OF THE MONTH – September
- F – Trevor Amann (NCO) – Nominated for Player of the Month for the fourth time this season, the Golden Boot leader added four goals to his record-breaking collection of scores. Amann also won 44 duels, placed a month-high 10 shots on target and created a trio of chances.
- F – Ates Diouf (LEX) – Lexington's breakout star became just the sixth player in league history to amass 15 goals in a single season with his league-leading five-score September. The Senegalese striker completed nearly 90% of his passes and accounted for 18 duels won, 14 recoveries and seven shots on target.
- M – Luis Gil (OMA) – The former United States international recorded two goals and two assists - each of which served as match-winning or match-tying scores in the Owls' undefeated September. Gil also tallied 17 recoveries, 12 duels won and six chances created.
- M – Rafa Mentzingen (NC) – The Brazilian midfielder registered six chances created, four goals and one assist in a productive September for North Carolina. Mentzingen added 39 duels won, 32 recoveries and nine shots on target.
- M – Noah Powder (NCO) – The late addition to Northern Colorado's squad has hit the ground running as the season has wound down, recording two goals, three assists and five chances created in September. The Trinidad and Tobago international completed over 80% of his passes, won 34 duels, registered 17 recoveries and won 14 tackles.