TAMPA, Fla. – USL League One today announced the five nominees for the League One Player of the Month presented by Konami eFootball for August, with top performers from the fifth season’s sixth month selected for the ballot.
Voting for the League One Player of the Month award will be conducted by the following two voting bodies:
A fan vote on USLLeagueOne.com will comprise 60% of the poll. The fan vote will run through Tuesday, Sept. 12 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
The USL Technical Committee’s ballots comprise 40% of the poll.
The award winner and complete voting results will be announced on Wednesday, Sept. 13.
Please note: The League One Player of the Month selection process in no way is tied directly to the voting and selection process of End of the Year awards such as League One Most Valuable Player or position players of the year.
USL LEAGUE ONE PLAYER OF THE MONTH – August
- F – Trevor Amann (NCO) – The Golden Boot leader added four goals in August to his impressive 2023 total in just his second professional season. The Westminster, Colo. native started the month with his sixth brace of the season - the most in a single campaign in league history - before rounding out August with a goal in back-to-back matches.
- F – Ates Diouf (LEX) – Diouf bagged the second hat trick of the season - a career-first - against Northern Colorado on Aug. 5, earning Week 21 Player of the Week honors. The Senegalese forward totaled four goals on the month - two of which came in match-winning fashion - and led Lexington to a 3-1-1 record when on the pitch.
- F – Chevone Marsh (CHA) – After stops in Finland, Jamaica, El Salvador and Costa Rica, Marsh has enjoyed a career season in his first run in the United States. The former Jamaica international scored a goal in four consecutive matches - matching a 2023 record - and created a trio of chances, all while completing nearly 90% of his passes.
- F – Jayden Onen (MAD) – In his first full season with a senior club, the English Premier League academy product has the 'Mingos close to confirming their best-ever season. The Uganda national team prospect recorded a goal contribution in all five August matches, totaling three goals and two assists. Three of Onen's five goal contributions resulted in match-winning goals.
- F – Kazaiah Sterling (TRM) – Closing in on a number of league records in just over a season and a half in League One, the former Tottenham Hotspur FC and England youth national team forward led the month with his six goals in five matches. Sterling also created eight chances, won a month-high two penalties and registered one assist.